taco trailer bus
Well, if you move on up, to the North side, there's a deluxe bus where beans don't burn on the grill. I was guided on this long walk by Reverend K8, who had blogged of this bus before, and again here.
Hey, its a bus, so the dogs had to hang out and try to be cool while being tied to a tree.
I like this bus as it reminds me of the bookmobile I used to drive when I was working at the Tucson-Pima Public Library. It was a big one, with entrances front and back. When you drove down the freeway you stared eye to eye with the truckers. I would load the bookmobile with McDonalds Happy Meals, then drive through Saguaro National Park to deliver books to kids in trailer parks out in the desert. I would trade read-a-louds for food. If you read a book to your kid you each got a free meal; wildly popular. Driving though the desert with 100 Happy Meals and couple thousand books, I would often fantasize about turning south, blazing through Organ Pipe, heading across the border, and getting the bookmobile stuck in the sand on the beach at Puerto Penasco, spending my days reading books, swimming in the sea, and eating cheeseburgers and fries. It still appeals.
You can read some of the menu by clicking for the big. The bus driver is a garbage can, and above is the shrine to Santa Maria, Le Virgen de Guadalupe... and dig the sign right behind it, "all american". No recycling here, cans also go in the bus driver, strangely refreshing. -e